Creating A World of Protection
At the heart of EarthKind lies protection, and we’ve been creating a world of it for our people, planet, and homes since our beginning in 2000. EarthKind has been fueled by the guiding principle that all creatures need protection, pests included, making it our mission to preserve our delicate ecosystem, reduce consumer reliance on poisons and hazardous chemicals, and to effectively keep pests away from our farm equipment and homes without harm. Developing and commercializing solutions around this belief has led to the reimagining of what pest control means. Protecting our health, safety, and property from pests and the damage they cause is easy with EarthKind pest repellents. Killing or poisoning rodents, insects, and our environment is no longer the first response. Instead, EarthKind offers pest control products that provide reliable and effective protection against pests without adding harmful chemicals, plastic packaging, and waste to our ecosystem.
Sustainability has been crucial to EarthKind from the start. We became the first pest control company to become certified as a USDA bio-based supplier, operating with just a 2% carbon footprint, and on Earth Day 2020, we officially became carbon neutral, taking the last 2% of carbon out of circulation through Nori and Harborview Farms.
Our carbon footprint is top of mind with everything that we do, from product design to supply chain management and implementing LEAN practices. Here’s how we do it:
- Designing our products using high carbon agricultural byproducts.
- Optimizing transportation and logistics by choosing a manufacturing facility strategically located in Mooresville, NC.
- Avoiding new construction by renovating an existing facility to meet our needs.
- Reducing waste by making shipping cartons that double as point of purchase displays.
- Reducing our impact using cloud-based computing, VOIP, video conferencing and digital tools.
- Joining the American Sustainable Business Council, aligning with top innovative manufacturers building a more sustainable future.
- Commercializing the first bioplastic for the CPG market.
- EarthKind’s CEO delivers keynote for
- Innovating new ways to meet retail partners across the country with minimal impact using digital connectivity and our unique ‘trade show in a box.’
Bringing our beliefs full circle, EarthKind has created a company culture that extends beyond the business and into people’s homes. Our employees reduce, reuse and recycle at work and at home; many have chosen to create certified wildlife habitats in their own yards. Kari, EarthKind Founder and CEO, regularly opens her heart and her home to empower people with ways to live in harmony with nature via live, interactive video chats.
Together, we are all creating a world of protection!